To Detroit
F Alex Burmistrov
D Dustin Byfuglien

To Winnipeg
D Brendan Smith
F Johan Franzen
F Tomas Jurco
Rights to V.Filppula

Winnipeg gets our LHD of the near future and a 2nd line winger to play opposite Kane, as well as a good young wing prospect that we do not have in the system.

Detroit gets mini Datsyuk to play with Helm and form a sick shutdown tandem or play with Datsyuk and learn from his superior. Also add a huge presence on the back end that they haven't had since Lidstrom/Rafalski.
"Also adds a huge presence on the back end"

But it's an easy no for me. It's an overpayment for those players. Smith played as our #3 this year, he played the 3rd hardest minutes on the team, & while it wasn't a great year he really found his offensive stride in the playoffs. The organization is very high on him and view him as a potential #2. Jurco also had a rough 1st year in the AHL but has had a great playoff run & is really showing off his true potential.

From a Wings perspective it looks like this imo,

Smith+Jurco+Rights to Filppula =<Buff
Franzen>>Burmistrov

While I like Byfuglien on my fantasy team I don't want him near the Wings in real life. He's only average at best defensively & I don't know how he would fit in with the Leaders on the team. Datsyuk & Zetterberg are 2 of the most dedicated guys when it comes to stay in shape. I just can't see Buff coming in & not getting/staying in shape going over well with the Leaders in the room, especially when Babcock is your coach. Byfuglien is also likely to find himself in the doghouse for his work ethic/defensive zone play.

Burmistrov I don't want. I don't think he'll be anything more then a Filppula, the normal Filppula not the 11-12 version, & that's not worth that much. Add to it that we have Andersson/Jarnkrok/Sheahan coming who could fill in for Helm at the 3C hole we don't have to worry about our bottom 6 centers. Burmistrov has actually regressed offensively and he was worse at ES this year then he was last year & even his rookie year, IIRC?.

DatsyukToZetterberg is offline   Reply With Quote