Old
06-12-2013, 10:47 PM
Runner77
#gangstA Ghetto 58

vCash: 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfannick View Post
Funny Grant said he had incredible potential
He said it repeatedly and even asserted it in his 1st round rankings updated on June 3rd:

Quote:
Here is my top 30 as of today.....

1. Seth Jones
Nathan MacKinnon
Jonathan Drouin
Sasha Barkov
Elias Lindholm
Valery Nichushkin
Sean Monahan
Darnell Nurse
Max Domi
Bo Horvat

Alexander Wennberg
Curtis Lazar
Mirco Mueller
Samuel Morin
Nikita Zadorov
Rasmus Ristolainen
Ryan Pulock
Joshua Morrissey
Michael McCarron
Frederik Gauthier

Hunter Shinkaruk
Ryan Hartman
Ian McCoshen
Adam Erne
Kerby Rychel
Anthony Mantha
Zachary Fucale
Andre Burakowsky
Robert Hagg
Tommy Vanelli
Not to mention several more posts supporting McCarron:

Quote:
He is the player I want the Habs to take at 25 if he's there. I see his upside as a second line 6-5 winger who can score 20-25 goals and 40-50 points and chip in 100-150 PIM's. Not many of them in the NHL folks.
Quote:
Bickell was very good offensively in junior? Not at McCarron's age....he wasn't half the prospect McCarron is at the same age. I saw Bickell lots..he was a dog at 17.

(...)McCarron played against predominantly 19-21-year-olds and dominated them physically...you have to like his odds of being able to do that at any level when he's fully grown.

Is he the most skilled player in the draft? Of course not. How many 6-5 230 pound forwards are? But to say his skills are poor is simply wrong...skate and handles the puck well for a 6-5 guy..has some passing skills and a heavy wrist shot.
Quote:
No disrespect, but you are skeptical about his upside based on.... looking at stats and seeing him play on TV once? Been told since January by a few scouts that he's a first rounder..I've thought so since seeing him in the fall actually.

I see long term upside without question..he is huge, can skate, has a good shot, has decent sense. Much like Gauthier, he is only going to get better as he grows into his body. Also been told that he's "tough as nails."

Not many people thought Lucic had ANY offensive upside in his draft year. McCarron can't fight like Lucic..but he can sure as hell skate better