View Single Post
Old
06-12-2013, 09:55 PM
Runner77

vCash: 0
Sobering thoughts on Hudson Fasching, who I had thought might have been a nice, late PF:

Quote:
Conversely, every year there are players who go into their draft year highly touted and expected to succeed yet stagnate, stumble, or simply drop off of the map. It was hard not to find a player that disappointed me more than Hudson Fasching this year.

(...)

Fasching, for all of his size and ability, was nondescript. No fire, no passion, no zest, no zeal in front of friends, family, future coaches, teammates and fans. Can it be any more disappointing? There was no edge there, an absence I saw repeatedly in following viewings.To be fair, he did struggle some with injuries but never took the step from complementary player to one of the guys driving the bus.

He’s got the size and there is skill there, but despite the willingness to hit, he sidesteps a lot of incoming checks. He’s got the tools to dominate — he reminds me of Charlie Coyle in his EJHL days — but the desire to win and the inherent competitiveness just wasn’t there consistently. Now, this isn’t a referendum on the kid as a person. He’s got tremendous character and his back story is heart breaking, but on-ice Fasching simply did not bring it when he should have.
http://futureconsiderations.ca/fcs-s...upper-midwest/