View Single Post
Old
06-12-2013, 11:19 PM
hogtownhabsfan*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roulin View Post
Having only watched McCarron in the u18 final, I'm having trouble making up my mind about his skating. Sometimes it looked fine, but other times he seemed behind the rest with his first couple of steps. I found it hard to judge the footwork of a player so much bigger than everyone else on the ice. Looking through reports, I see some differing opinions on this. Do y'all have any thoughts on his skating?

Overall, his game reminded me of Penner. Not sure if he'll have Penner's hands at the next level... on the other hand, maybe he'll play angry more consistently than Penner. Anyway, just the impression I got after the one game.
From what I have seen of him, he appears to move very well in a short area for his size.

But in terms of his ability to skate on the rush, I think he's similar to Latendresse, which is not a compliment (and I always like Lats). All in all, I think he is quite comparable to Latendresse. Latendresse never really put it together though, and McCarron still has a chance to.