10-12-2006, 08:32 PM
JrHockeyFan

vCash: 500
To each his own

Quote:
Originally Posted by hendextall View Post
Here are my problems with your "golden age of hockey"

- Too many penalties.
- Inconsistent calls, one too many referees.
- Shootouts are boring, I'd rather a tie game.
- Some games are worth 2 points, others are worth 3 points?
Doesn't make much sense
- Shooting the puck over the glass should have the same
consequences as icing the puck.
PT1: People will complain about reffing if there too many or too few calls. Same as usual
PT2: 1 ref or 6 refs, you will still have people moaning about the calls. Same as usual
PT3: If the shootout continues to be as frequent it may get dull. Then again I can remember very few memorable ties, except for Red Army vs Habs. What I would do though is award no single points for the OT/SO loser. Personally I think ties stink
PT4: see pt3
PT5: You lost me on this one. If a guy deliberately shoots the puck over the glass he is trying to get a faceoff. He can only get a penalty for doing this from his own end. The face off would be in their end anyway. So how is treating it like icing different from just letting them shoot it over the glass whenever they want to. What is needed is to put some discretion into it I think by giving penalties only to players who shoot the puck over the glass when under pressure. Guys should not be allowed to escape by putting it over the glass.

RE: Bettman
this last CBA is the best adjustment the NHL has made in years. Ziegler is the real culprit for Hockey woes in the late 20th century. The rules today are fine. Especially the No Red Line rule. That is the best change of all.

JrHockeyFan is offline   Reply With Quote