Honour Over Glory

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TT1 View Post

Markov

Harrington/Dumoulin/Maata
2014 1st round

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p....php?pid=24720
Just to put things in perspective in regards to market value, Streit is older than Markov and hes currently getting alot of attention. Philly traded a midd-level prospect and a 4th rounder just for his rights and hes probably gonna get signed for around 5M, and he has nowhere near the same offencive abilities as Markov.

Pits most likely wont resign Letang (assuming Malkin gets his 10M and apparently Letang wants something in the neighborhood of 7-8M) so this might be a good alternative for you guys, seeing as replacing Letang for a young proven/premium PMD would be both extremely costly in terms of $$ and moving pieces. Markov is gonna give you around the same PPG as Letang for another 3-4 years (buys your prospects enough time to develop) and hes cheaper, he would fit perfectly on a cup contending team. You also have alot of solid D-prospects so this shouldnt hurt you too much.

EDIT: i have no idea how but some ppl misunderstood my post, im not asking for letang : D. in short:

EDIT2: added my trade in
No thanks.

If the Penguins move Letang and at this point, I am definitely not against seeing him being moved, they will likely go after a young guy and some picks/prospects. It will basically be the defense version of the Jordan Staal trade, in the sense that the Pens will find a youngish replacement that will blossom into that PMD type guy. Lord knows the Pens aren't going to be a SCF team until after 2016 when the Pens finally get a new coach, so who cares at this point.

You guys can keep Markov. His injury history alone makes me want to stay alone, let alone trying to move that much for him, hell no. Dumoulin is a guy a lot of the Pens brass feel is the next guy ready to step up and be a stay at home type of defender.