View Single Post
Old
06-13-2013, 12:57 AM
tucker3434

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanekTheMvp View Post
as a sabres fan ill put the disclaimer out that I would love mac but I don't want to mortgage our future. I'm content taking risto/lindholm and trading up higher from 16 to come away with two blue chip players.
That said the avs are looking for a franchise defensemen, if your being offered a franchise defenseman Myers, yes he is a franchise defenseman, top pairing all situations guy signed LONGTERM to a cap hit of 5.5 until 2019. The biggest issue I have seen with trading players is the fact there is only one year left, he is signed for many more and the real dollars are not at all bad he had his payday this season. If jones started this year in the nhl colorado would be over the moon if he was anywhere year Myers level. So i ask why wait for him to develop into Myers.

Pretty much any choice of our blue chip prospects want to solidify your defense more ? Pick psysk, mcnabb, mccabe? Not your thing? Want a potential top six forward ? Take one of Grigorenko, Armia, Larsson. Ok ...maybe you don't want prospects..take ennis? Maybe Foligno? Maybe you like stafford ..okay your right stafford was trying to catch you napping.

Number 8 overall ? Hell mine as well shore up your defense for the next 10 years and take Risto or Nurse. Maybe you take that pick and trade down a few spots to get even more assets and still get nurse or Zadarov or Santini? Its your pick does as you please!

So in conclusion you could fix a good bit of your needs (if you guys are happy with varlamov) maybe all your needs with one simple move to allow a team not in your conference to select a forward who you guys seem to have little interest in drafting. I'm going to leave it at this ..not looking to ruffle feathers or start a figtht its just my view of this situation. 17 more days guys and it'll all be over
Not sure what you're arguing. The Sabres absolutely have the pieces to get a deal done. I just doubt they want to part with the necessary pieces. No big deal. If the situations were reversed, I wouldn't want the Avs to do it either.

tucker3434 is offline   Reply With Quote