View Single Post
06-13-2013, 12:14 AM
Marc the Habs Fan
The best
vCash: 567
Originally Posted by Richiebottles View Post
I don't really agree with most of Button's rankings but that is just me. I just don't get all the hype around Hartman. He is this year's JT Miller or Boone Jenner or Scott Laughton. I just see him as a very very safe pick when we need to have an impact player and we have enough character fowards that we can afford to gamble on someone like Mccarron and the potential he hold. Same goes for Mantha
Boone Jenner and Scott Laughton are quality prospects, guys you would want on your side in a game like tonight's, I'd be happy to get a prospect of that caliber at #25 in any draft.

I don't know why you are viewing McCarron and Hartman in such a different light, they are both ''character'' forwards (and I disagree, we don't have enough of them, especially among our prospect ranks). McCarron has tremendous size, but Hartman is a better skater and has better hand skills. If things go well, both can become top 6 forwards, but I think Hartman's floor is higher - he'd likely be an Andrew Shaw in the worst case scenario. McCarron could be the next Brad Winchester in the worst case scenario.

You were comparing Hartman to Peverley, but Hartman is a lot more like Marchand since he's an agitator, only even more willing to answer the bell with his fists.