Thread: Proposal: Markov to PIT?
View Single Post
Old
06-13-2013, 01:16 AM
TT1

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honour Over Glory View Post
You want way too much for a guy that last played 75+ games when the Pens last won the cup. This year he was finally healthy and put up 30pts in 48 games (a -9 to boot, worst on the team), good for him, but at 34yrs old and that injury history, teams are taking on a lot of risk. And for 1yr of his services. Habs can sell him at the deadline and hope for the best, hopefully he's healthy around then.

Pens will likely see how the negotiations go with Malkin, then move on towards Letang and if that stalls, then get Dupuis under contract and explore the options with Letang to see if he wants to either test the market or wait until next off season, in which case, I would move him anyway, if you wait until next summer and he still can't be signed, then you lost him for nothing. I'd want a definite answer this summer, if he's a no for an extension, he's then on the market.

The market for Letang would also be pretty massive. The best thing is that he has no NTC/NMC.

I would try to swing a deal for Bogosian, Burmistrov and the Jets 1st. I can live with that.
dear god, finally a smart post. what ive been saying is this trade makes sense unless you think you can get a quality PMD for letang(if it gets to that point), if you think you can find an adequate replacement then by all means you dont need to do this markov trade. it just comes down to replacing his production cost efficiently until your PMD prospects are ready to produce in the NHL