View Single Post
Old
06-13-2013, 01:26 AM
LEAFSIN4

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Komisarek is a free agent at the same time as Malkin, so we don't need to buy him out, and two compliance buyouts on Liles and Grabovski as a worst case scenario.

And outside of Kessel and Gardiner, what franchise would pick keeping Phaneuf, Frattin, McClement or Kulemin as a priority over the chance to add Malkin to the mix?

That's just dumb. Also, the cap could probably go up.
I fully expect Shero to do what he did with Staal and make offers to Malkin and Letang... if they can't come to an agreement, I can see one of them being traded at the draft.

Why let them hit FA when they can trade them and retool their team and cap situation with 1 trade.

I doubt Shero would choose to move Malkin or Letang, and they may already have their mind set on re-signing.

This is all hypothetical, but if the opportunity was there I'd offer JVR, Rielly, and a 1st for Malkin. Pittsburgh gets 2 former top 5 picks on with team friendly contracts plus another ELC. They would save up money to pay Iginla 5 mil a year, with money left over for upgrades on D and possibly C. With Rielly Pitt will have one hell of a promising D core.

With Malkin, Toronto would have the best top line in the league while losing players that they would like to keep, but can afford to trade for a player like Malkin. 2 years ago, this trade would look like Schenn, 5th overall in 2012, 21st overall in 2013... turning that into Malkin would be great asset management.

For Letang I would offer Gunnarson, Kulemin, 2nd. Don't know how the value looks here, but Letang would be a perfect RHD to acquire.

Their both great players and Pittsburgh may not even think about trading them, but we'll see what happens.

LEAFSIN4 is offline   Reply With Quote