Thread: Proposal: Markov to PIT?
View Single Post
06-13-2013, 12:57 AM
Honour Over Glory
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by TT1 View Post
yea this deal only makes sense under the assumption that you sign markov for another 3 years, its only worthwhile assuming you can replace letang's production with markov's at a cheap price and get added value for letang (relatively speaking someone like harrington and a 1st doesnt doesnt really hurt you all that much, especially for a 50-60 pter, and harrington isnt a PMD), until your prospects are ready to take on their main roles

the only reason i decided to make this offer to the pens is because i felt like you had a surplus of d-prospects and thought that markov would have been a good short term replacement for letang (3years-ish)
Penguins HAD a surplus of quality defense prospects and could trade from that position of strength. But when you look at the possibility of moving Letang and in the last few years losing Goligoski, Morrow, etc...guys like Pouliot, Harrington, Maatta, and Dumoulin are valuable assets that need to be kept on. If Letang is the guy you are moving, you can now use him to go and get some forward prospects that this team sorely needs. The team also just lost 2 guys that are close to joining the AHL and maybe NHL sooner in Agostino (1 more year in College) and Hanowski (likely a regular for the flames next year).

The last few years, the only guy that even has a chance of being an impact forward since Jordan Staal, is Beau Bennett out of the forwards. That's not good at all. That's actually pitiful.

I would never move the D prospects and the 1st for Markov. Not after what Shero moved this past deadline. Because of that, it's off the table. You don't mortgage your future two years in a row like that.