View Single Post
Old
06-13-2013, 08:10 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Not impressive 'cause he's always square to the shot. The same "not impressive" stats that Price was making before he starts moving all over the place in front of his net. As far as clearing the crease...sure. Yet, who here are always to part with what we have on D? To change the D, you need to actually....CHANGE THE D. The only D's that could be part of a new D are Emelin, Subban and Tinordi. That's it. Yet, nobody seems to be willing to involve Markov or Gorges on any trade or whatever talk...
The defense was much improved this year, I think if you ask MT and MB they will tell you that it was a strength overall thanks to Markov coming back, Subban taking the "next step" and Diaz and Emelin progressing.

Nobody was complaining about the defenbse when Price was playing solid(first 2 months), then he starts to give up bad goals(long shots and bad angle) and suddenly the defense sucks. Losing Emelin did sort of expose the need for another big stay at home d-man, maybe a 1-2 year veteran until Tinordi can step into a top 4 or 5 role. I think replacing guys like Diaz with a Hal Gill type pilon would move the team backwards not forward. Markov did struggle at times, but he was solid at the end, I'm sure a normal season will help him with more days off and less cluttered schedule.