View Single Post
Old
06-13-2013, 08:15 AM
Hagged

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by maplepred View Post
Ok thanks,

So I guess lazar has really dropped off compared to past projections.

I still think poile should trade for a mid-late round first is possible to snag a guy like him or maybe pulock
Agree on both of them. Another prospect to consider is swedish Andre Burakowsky who played in Allsvenskan for Malmö team. He is also hard to compare to the other prospects since he is still adjusting to pro-level game. 11 points in 43 games from lower lines is quite OK and when he still was in juniors he was considered as a top 10 pick for 2013. If he somehow dropped to second round, there might be reason enough to make a trade for a pick.

I have to get back to Barkov being a late riser: Craig Button visited Finland during the lockout. He happened to see a Tappara-TPS game where Barkov's line was put against Koivu's line. He talks about that game and some more in this TSN-podcast which has been uploaded to youtube and some of the plays Button talks about have been added to the youtube video. At the end of the podcast Button is asked on which is the top three, and he says that it is Jones-McKinnon-Barkov. So I would say that Barkov has actually slid a bit to be considered now a top 5 prospect instead of top 3 as Nichuskin and Drouin have been the late risers to come and compete with Barkov for the 3rd overall position. It sure will be interesting to see how the top 10 will be at the actual draft.

Last edited by Hagged: 06-13-2013 at 10:23 AM.