View Single Post
Old
06-13-2013, 08:48 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiggsBozon View Post
No, we're not even close. You can't quantify how many years away from being there were are exactly, because you never know what can happen, but looking at the current state of the team, our leaders, our grit, our defense, and the level of goaltending we had? No. We're very far away from this year's final 4.
The gap from the best team to the 10th best team in the NHL is not very big. With any kind of goaltending and a bit more luck(injuries, calls) we get by Ottawa and who knows what happens in round 2.

Does our roster still have holes, sure it does, but so does every roster in the NHL INCLUDING the taem that will win the cup.

Do I think we had everything it took to win this year? Probably not, but we were not as far as you think.

The constant whining around here, some sound like opposing team fans coming here to troll. I don't see myself as an "all is bright, all is perfect here" type of fan but I can still see a path leading us to a cup the next 4-5 years. Doesn't guarantee it will happen, 29 other teams are trying to win too, but right now the roster and young players in place are as good or better than 75% of the teams in the NHL with about 25% being better.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote