View Single Post
Old
06-13-2013, 10:06 AM
bmr

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskeypete View Post
yeah this is really putting Dean into a bind. the RR signing was the icing to the situation, but Dean is literally handcuffed when it comes to this. factor in the reduced cap, Scuderi's UFA and Voynov's status.....i don't envy Dean right now.

i think the situtation is revealed to us depending on what he does with Scuderi. if Scuds is re-signed then DL is going with the assumption that WM won't return. if he signs Scuds and WM does return (and everyone is under the cap) then i think DL trades one of the SAH guys to clear room and space

the entire situation is a cluster
True, but it's not like he doesn't have options. If Mitchell comes back, I would hope that he could do at least a year or two. I would probably say that Regehr is the odd man out in that situation. Voynov has improved significantly since his first playoff year, and if Mitchell is close to what he was last year...wow, that's a good problem to have. I think Doughty really benefits from a stay at home guy who can really handle the load. I'm not sure Regehr is that guy any more, but i'll reserve judgment until I see him for a full season.

bmr is offline   Reply With Quote