View Single Post
Old
06-13-2013, 10:27 AM
Larry44

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNeutrality View Post
According to numerous swiss newspapers he didn't resign with the Islanders because he wants a new challenge (aka he wants to play for the cup). Salary and term haven't been the deciding factor.

http://www.tagesanzeiger.ch/sport/ho...story/21089834

I'll try to translate this article for you guys if I find the time to do so.

New adventure for Mark Streit

Adrian Ruch. Updated 06/06/2013

Mark Streit is looking for a new employer. "I want to go to a team that can compete for the Stanley Cup," says Berner.

On Tuesday was an article in the U.S. newspaper "Newsday" that Captain Mark Streit had rejected the offer of the New York Islanders for a contract extension and will leave the NHL franchise. The Bernese confirmed on the request message. "I will not return to the Islanders. We have recently agreed to break off the negotiations, "says the 35-year-old.

According to "Newsday" he should not have accepted a three-year contract for $ 4.75 million per season. The Berner says he wants to comment on any figures. "The pay was not the decisive factor; I am well aware that I was offered a lot of money."

----

"I am looking forward to a new challenge, a new adventure." He seeks a contract over three to four years. The salary should correspond to his ability, but the most important thing for him is something else: "I want to go to a team that can compete for the Stanley Cup."

Given how happy he was to be a Flyer, I still think we can get him at or under $5 million/year... Fingers crossed.