View Single Post
Old
06-13-2013, 11:18 AM
TheReal13Linseman
Registered Abuser

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bp13 View Post
Seriously? Got an assist? You're hanging your hat on his one assist? And Caron doesn't seem to have decent hockey IQ and awareness? Seems like a steady 3rd-4th liner to me.

I'm fairly certain every option to replace Horton is going to be a spare part. If I had to choose I'd pick a guy who has played NHL playoff games before at this level. And I'd choose Caron over Pandolfo because Pandolfo is 85 years old. Soderberg looked like he had some hands in warmups, so that's great. In the games he was a non-factor. I'd like to see him get an offseason and a camp and then we can talk about what we have in him. I don't want him anywhere near a Cup Finals game.
I've always been a Caron advocate. I think my point was not so much that I wouldn't have Caron in there, but that I'd rather have Soderberg, as well, in place of Daugevins, who I don't think can add much value in this SCF.

BTW, yes, just based upon my brief observation of Soderberg, I think he has a solid skillset that would allow him to become even a 2nd line player. Not saying that Caron doesn't, but IMO Soderberg certainly does.

No matter what, Soderberg would've scored there