View Single Post
Old
06-13-2013, 11:28 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Im over it. I didnt even particularly like Tortorella. I just steadfastly believe that the major problems with this team (then, now, and beyond) lie within player personnel. Namely, players being asked to fulfill roles that are beyond their capabilities. What happens when thats a pervasive problem? The gameplan becomes more conservative. Its happened with the last 2 coaches. It'll happen with this one too.
I agree the roster assembled this year was mediocre and many were asked to play above their heads, while others never got it going. And NONE of this is new to long time Ranger fans.

But the PP not clicking, like, ever, that was a problem that could've at least used some creativity. Brad Richards played like a dog the whole season, why did it take so long for Torts to make him an example??

I was no fan of Torts but he did a good job with this team overall. But did he do everything in his power to adapt when the chips were down? IDK, I feel like he was limited to what he does best and stuck to it. Too stubborn. The players didn't seem to think he was working, that just solidifies it to me. Season was over, unlike the disrespectful way Renney was handled.

I argued for days, maybe months about Renney/Torts and said the same things you are all saying defending the coach against the players. It does no good, people see it how they want to, not for what it really is.

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote