View Single Post
Old
06-13-2013, 11:36 AM
Marc the Habs Fan
MVP

vCash: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markowicz View Post
This is the thing though, i feel like ever since we took bigger guys that ended up being busts in the 90's (see Jason Ward, Terry Ryan, etc.,), we're now scared to take these type of guys and end taking d-men or smaller, more skilled forwards. I have a gut feeling about this Rychel kid. I think he has Brandon Saad written all over him. That said, he might still be available in the second round.
The comparison can be made, both are late birthdays, both players come from the same division in the OHL, both with inconsistent draft years, 2 fairly big guys...but Saad is a much better skater than Rychel and also far better defensively.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaZiKaN View Post
With Drewiski signed for next year as our 7th D, could we expect Webber to be traded at the draft? Wath is his value?
Apparently, Bergevin wanted a 3rd rounder or better during the season for Weber. Wasn't going to settle for a 5th rounder. Renaud Lavoie reported it right after the deadline.

The best way to do this trade could be with a conditional pick based on Weber's performance, the better he does, the better pick.