View Single Post
Old
06-13-2013, 12:41 PM
94now

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
I agree the roster assembled this year was mediocre and many were asked to play above their heads, while others never got it going. And NONE of this is new to long time Ranger fans.

But the PP not clicking, like, ever, that was a problem that could've at least used some creativity. Brad Richards played like a dog the whole season, why did it take so long for Torts to make him an example??

I was no fan of Torts but he did a good job with this team overall. But did he do everything in his power to adapt when the chips were down? IDK, I feel like he was limited to what he does best and stuck to it. Too stubborn. The players didn't seem to think he was working, that just solidifies it to me. Season was over, unlike the disrespectful way Renney was handled.

I argued for days, maybe months about Renney/Torts and said the same things you are all saying defending the coach against the players. It does no good, people see it how they want to, not for what it really is.
I agree with all and every point. But... it seems Slats got it. We need an excellent coach for the personnel at hand just to stay afloat. Torts is not that.

94now is offline   Reply With Quote