View Single Post
Old
06-13-2013, 12:04 PM
eco's bones

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
Ok, maybe it's time for the Tortarella protectors to give it a rest already, he's gone, adios, see ya.

There were valid reasons for keeping or firing the guy, but everyone, even the best players/coaches in the world have a shelf life.
The team didn't make progress. Took half a step backward. Not necessarily a good reason to fire the coach but as a variable with other things--then it's a maybe. I'm not torn up about it--I just happen to agree at least with some that the Rangers as currently constructed do not have enough talented personnel to get away with opening things up--the backbone of the team is their goalie and after that comes the defense. Firing Torts is not necessarily a step toward a solution. A lot depends on who replaces him and at least a good number of those who wanted Torts gone aren't really coherent about what that solution looks like either apart from we need to score lots and lots of goals. It would be nice I suppose but we don't have any really elite forwards or a proven offensive defenseman which are usually key for that. I think no matter who replaces Tortorella the likelihood is that if we do score more goals it will be a negligible amount.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote