View Single Post
Old
06-13-2013, 01:16 PM
PernellsWhiteAmi
Long Live Chappelle

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habs03 View Post
Decent signing, he is basically going to replace Weber's role on the team, which he is better suited for, he can play both LD and RD, ppl say he is a great teammate, and has been in that role before.

IMO if Emelin was healthy, Drewiski and Bouillon would be our 7-8th d-men, which is perfectly fine with me.
He also has cup experience. He didn't play much, if at all during those playoffs, but he has the experience of playing in the Stanley Cup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Now just make a trade for Weber for a 4th.
Honestly, I'd take a 5th, or a 6th. I know Bergevin was asking for a 2nd rounder for him at the deadline, which I think is insane, but hey, it won't hurt to try, right? I'll just be a little agitated if we get rid of him without a return. I'm sure there's a team who would take a chance on him, even it is a 4th or 5th round pick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freaky Habs Fan View Post
First, the Habs brass obviously like him a lot. When they aquired him, they said they did their homework on the guy and know what he can bring to the team. His play was not great with us...but they still know he can be a cheap 7th D. They will not ask him to run a powerplay and be a top D. And if he's bad, send him to the AHL...it won't cost a lot.

Second, yeah the Flyers traded for Streit, but they need someone like him. They need a PP quarterback. We don't.

Bergevin signed a cheap 7th D...nothing less and nothing more. We don't want a young player like Beaulieu riding the bench...
I believe Bergevin liked watching him when he was with the Chicago organization, as CHI played LA a lot.

PernellsWhiteAmi is offline   Reply With Quote