View Single Post
Old
06-13-2013, 01:16 PM
The Zetterberg Era
RIP Octopi

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweech View Post
Except you'd still be adding to Frk, so what would you add? It kind of road blocks from there.
At this point really doubtful. Frk was a borderline top 10 talent entering draft year, had some problems that year then put it all back on track. Why in the world would Detroit add? Simple answer they wouldn't here, unless Datsyuk basically came in and said he would make his contract until he was 43 if they traded for Burmi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roboninja View Post
A 21-year-old reclamation project? It is funny from anyone, but from a Wings fan it is particularly so. DET tends to not even play players in the NHL until they hit 22-23.
Odd, but that is what he is. He is a huge disappointment spin the 8th pick anyway you want. The guy has the offensive production of a fourth liner. Rumors of attitude problems, although I believe the crowd that says that is just a particular beat writer. He has 200 games of good, not great defensive play. Couldn't score at a great pace in the AHL, where his numbers offensively were below Andersson and Ferraro, were the same as first year pro Sheahan (just as good defensively) and Glendening (remember that name, also defensively sound) but all those guys are good two-way centers.

That would be the other thing the Wings aren't starving for a defensively gifted forward. They have them, don't need to pay a premium for one. Their only interest in Burmistrov would be to find the offense he might have and the belief that Datsyuk would be a fabulous mentor for him.

Detroit not playing their kids until they are ready is part of why they don't have reclamation projects in very young guys. They don't let them sink or swim and put whatever angle you want on Burmistrov's defense, but for a player with his hands and skills, the offensive production simply has to be better. He is fading, his confidence is getting worse, this year he would average out to 19 or 20 points, that is fourth line center stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heilongjetsfan View Post
If Burmi was going to leave the Jets, Detroit would be the ideal place for him. He's said a few times that Pavel Datsyuk is his hero and the guy who he models his game after, and I know that they've trained together.

I agree that the 18th pick is about right, although I'd like a little extra thrown in. Maybe a 3 way deal involving Tampa.

I personally want pavelec gone, so I'd like to package pavelec, a 1st round and a second round to get Drouin. Then the other pick and another 2nd plus whatever Lombardi wants for Bernier. Not that it's the Wings' problem, but those are the trades I want to get done. If you guys can be the dance partner, sounds like it's great for everyone
Don't see either Detroit or Tampa being interested. Might get LA but you don't have one of the important assets you want. Goalie trade value is almost always poor, that doesn't get you close to Drouin.

Detroit won't flip their first for Burmistrov. I am just praying they don't include it in a Yandle package. Good thing is they have been very reluctant to move it all season. They wouldn't trade it for JayBo and as much as people like to bag on him, that speaks to the value they have on it, especially in terms of Burmistrov and they certainly wouldn't add anything to it except maybe all of Fournier, Nestrasil, Coetzee and whatever other contracts they wanted to purge that will never make the club. That could be the favor asked on an over-payment by Detroit.

Last edited by The Zetterberg Era: 06-13-2013 at 01:22 PM.
The Zetterberg Era is offline   Reply With Quote