View Single Post
Old
06-13-2013, 12:24 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

vCash: 500
Going to throw this under a "rumor" type of post. Up to mods if they want to leave it or not (since I'll be quoting a person I dont think is recognized as a "source")

According to TheFourthPeriod though:

Quote:
In order to fit Streit's new deal under the cap next season and make additional roster moves, Holmgren plans on buying out the contracts of center Danny Briere and goaltender Ilya Bryzgalov

According to a league source close to the situation, the decision to buy out both players was made once Philadelphia's season ended, and while there has been internal debate over buying out Bryzgalov, such a move will be made shortly after the conclusion of Stanley Cup Final.

Teams are allowed a total of two compliance buyouts, to be used this off-season and/or next summer, and those figures will not count against the salary cap.

TFP first reported the Flyers' decision on Briere on May 23.

Briere, 35, has an annual salary cap hit of $6.5 million for the remaining two years of his contract, but is owed only $5 million in actual salary -- $3 million next season and $2 million in 2014-15. He would be owed $3.333 million over the next four seasons.

The league source also indicated that the decision to buy out Bryzgalov's deal isn't fully related to money, as "he's disliked by many" of his teammates.
http://www.thefourthperiod.com/news/phi130613.html

Goes on to state that we are still after Yandle (which Im hoping we are not) and the team is looking to grab a guy to replace Briere (my guess is a guy like Ryder via FA)