View Single Post
Old
06-13-2013, 12:40 PM
Der Jaeger

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiplash View Post
I agree with most of this, I just have a hard time seeing him succeeding at a high level in the NFL. It's not impossible for a player to undergo a (nearly) complete overhaul and he's certainly on the right team for it, I just don't think it's likely. I'm not nearly as thorough in my research as you though, so I'm not going to argue to hard

I've never thought he was the worst or best and he got an absolute ***** deal in getting passed on to the Jets but even after his improbable season with Denver, I never got the impression he would amount to much more than a serviceable QB who could succeed in the right scheme with a very talented team around him. NE has the latter but as long as they have Brady, that scheme isn't changing and I don't know that Tebow will be able to pick it up. We'll see.

edit: And I guess saying it was a weird move was knee jerk. It makes some sense, as neither party has anything to lose and there's no way the media circus that surrounded the Jets follows him to the Pats.
Tebow got a crap deal when Fox took over. Fox should have never played him, let Tebow develop, and let the team tank into the top of the 2012 draft.

Tebow got a crap deal in the way Denver handled the Manning situation. Elway should have acquired Manning, and handled it exactly the way the Pats are now - letting Tebow slip back into development.

Tebow got a crap deal in New York.

If you want the prime example of how to handle a young, athletic QB, see SF and Kaepernick. They are the poster children for how to do it. I think the Pats are going to do the same thing, under the assumption that Tebow's time clock restarts back in his rookie season at week 14.