View Single Post
Old
06-13-2013, 12:46 PM
ahthorne

vCash: 500
I think Streit would just like playing on a team that extends as much as it can in an attempt to win instead of a team at the cap floor. Be one of many well-paid players instead of one of three.

I think something like $18mil over 4 could be manageable. 6, 6, 3 and 3. Give him that extra year but lower salary on those years. He gets 6mil in the meantime and gets his 4 year term too. AAV of $4.5. I don't like the extra year, but not much you can do.

You know Streit is going to be compared to Andrei Markov in the meetings, and look how much Markov got. Even comparing Streit to Gonchar is a bad idea because Gonchar is 4 years older and still got $5mil per. I think getting it below $5mil will be a challenge, but I could see it. I would be more surprised by a contract with an AAV of under $5mil than one over.

---

Anybody else still have a bad feeling that Holmgren still has Couturier/whoever he's been dangling on the block? In hopes to get a #1 winger or even Keith Yandle? I've got a knot in my stomach and I'm sure it won't go away all offseason...