View Single Post
Old
06-13-2013, 12:58 PM
BernieParent

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongo View Post
Well if you look at his splits through last year and even the year before, he still gives you big time minutes.

This year he averaged 18:15 per game on even strength play.
This year he averages 3:45 per game(PP QB, we need one desperately for the 2nd PP unit)
Even as a terrible defenseman which he has been portrayed as he averages 1:20 on the PK this year.
TTOI-23:20

Now the year before he had almost the same numbers.

Even strength ice per game was at 18:57
PP time per game was at 3:42
SH time was actually less at 0:42 per game.
TTOI-23:22

People see he was a minus and instantly think he is a horrible player. Pair him with a player like Grossmann or Coburn and let Streit do his thing, and we shouldn't worry about him. Streit will help this team move the puck out of our zone and contribute big points from the back end. We need this desperately. He has a great first pass and a good shot from the back. He also provides leadership, which we always need.

I have never seen a 3rd pairing defender play 23 mins a night. Seems like some Islander fans and other teams fans are just trolling anything and everything Flyers related. But that's not new.
Thanks, Prongo and others, for your responses. Sure, I'm taking the input from the fans of Streit's previous employer with a grain of salt, but his recent injury history is still food for thought. I'm just hoping for a sensible allotment of ice time from Laviolette to maximize each defensive pairing's output while not overburdening any one of them.