View Single Post
06-13-2013, 01:05 PM
Son Oncle Jerry
Formerly HiggsBozon
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
I'm not sure about that, take a look at this.

The Corsi numbers actually reflect what most us were posting last night. The Bruins had their fair of chances, most of which came at the end of the second OT and pretty much the entire third OT, but the Hawks drove the play. The puck was on a Hawks player stick for most of the night, they were buzzing, Bruins did an excellent job blocking shot lanes.

The Hawks were far from helpless and I would say that they were the better team, by a close margin in a game that could have gone either way.

Also, I wouldn't dismiss advanced or fancy stats, especially when they are employed by nhl teams. I believe there is a quote somewhere with Chiarelli, the Bruins master mind, saying you shouldn't rely on advanced stats, but they help paint a picture of what's going on in another way. Dave Tippett of the Coyotes also has admitted to using advanced stats as well:
Way to take one part of the post an put it out of context, when I specifically commented about the first two periods of overtime.

Keep those ridiculous micro-stats for yourself. The fact is, 9 times out of 10, Boston scores that winning goal in the first two periods of OT. They were playing way better hockey than Chicago, who just kept begging to get beaten by giving the puck to the Boston Ds every time they attacked by attempting ridiculous plays/dekes.

For two periods of OT, Boston made Chicago look like a bunch of pee-wees. No matter the number of shots and puck possession time.