View Single Post
Old
06-13-2013, 03:04 PM
chet1926

vCash: 500
Look Toronto/Colorado Stastny proposals always end the same.

Toronto fans act like they don't want Stastny because, he supposedly sucks now, and is overpaid. Which isn't the case because he doesn't suck, I will admit he is overpaid by about a million.

Even last year when Stastny was placed on the 3rd line center duty with absolute garbage for wingers (mainly Palushaj, Jones, Mitchell etc.) he was able to produce at a .6 pts/game pace. Which over 82 games is approximately 50pts. This doesn't even factor in how a vast majority of his starts were in the defensive zone and he was given 2nd PP time.

Think about that Leaf fans our 3rd line center produced at a 50pts clip over 82 games. Your 3rd center produced at a 29 pts pace over an 82 game schedule. I'd say Stastny did pretty darn well comparatively speaking. Maybe, just maybe if Stastny was given opportunity to play 2nd or 1st line minutes with better linemates he'd be closer to a 65pts+ center. Which is not too shabby.

Am I saying Stastny amazing god like player that should return all world package in a trade. NO. What I am saying is that people need to do research before making outlandish comments. Stastny is still a top 2 center on 95% of the teams in the league including Toronto. Unfortunately he plays on a team in the 5% where he is slotted behind two better centers. The Avs aren't just going to roll over and trade him for spare parts of average to moderate draft picks. Teams trading for him should be prepared to part with at least one part they really don't want to. You still have to give some to get some.

chet1926 is online now   Reply With Quote