View Single Post
Old
06-13-2013, 03:40 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctonscout View Post
Eller Diaz Bouillon Galchenyuk Moen Prust Gallagher are pretty good "bottom 6" type players. In fact I would say this was a strength on the Habs team, 3 scoring lines and 6 d-men that can play regular.
Exactly, one of the biggest reasons why the team improved over last season. Depth is an important part of a team. I like that Bergevin doesn't seem narrow his priorities to one big need and looks to build everything up step by step...however small. I'm intrigued to see how he'll fix the top 6 as much as anyone else but I think these moves are necessary as well. Unlike any of the previous few GMs, he actually re-signed a deadline depth rental which is also interesting to note.

Some people are acting as if this signing is for the top 4. Doesn't get much better in terms of a press box D. He doesn't complain and doesn't really have anything to lose (unlike Beaulieu/Tinordi) by not playing for long periods of time. Would be ridiculous to have the team's top prospects sitting that long not playing.

Proven to be a quality guy and will be prepared when time to play. He's played the role on a cup winner yet to some the Habs apparently too good for him to play the role here.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote