View Single Post
06-13-2013, 08:27 PM
Bopping along
vCash: 50
Originally Posted by y2kcanucks View Post
I went up to Kamloops on the weekend to check out camp. The team looks very sharp, defense especially.

On O: Lulay looked in mid-season form. His passes were sharp, he was completing most of his passes in the scrimmages I saw, and he looked good.

DeMarco looked solid, as did Joey Elliott. Tough to say who will win the job as our backup.

The QB who really impressed me though was Chris Hart. Didn't show too well in the scrimmage on Sunday but some rookie mistakes are expected (timing was off with 3rd team receivers). He's got excellent mobility and a very strong arm. Reminds me a lot of a young Casey Printers.

Our receivers look great and ready too. Arceneaux and Gore look like they'll be our main targets. The receiver I was super impressed with was Korey Williams. Solid hands, great shiftiness, amazing speed. Don't know if he'll make the 42-man roster but I would be surprised to see him cut.

Harris looks to have bulked up a bit, and looked strong out there.

The O-line was meh. The second unit didn't look good at all.

The defense looks like it could be even better than last year. Cord Parks (DB we acquired in the Mitchell trade) looks to have pushed Lin-J Shell out of a starting job.

I was surprised to see Anton McKenzie getting 2nd unit reps, but with Solomon and Bighill expected to start, and Banks moving to the Nickel I suppose this was to be expected.

Keron Williams looks like a beast and should have a strong year. Ditto with Jabar Westerman.
Bolded's my big worry out of the gate. Been a weakness since last year, and a couple of guys aren't getting any younger or more resilient.

Still, looking forward to tomorrow.

Go Lions!