Old
06-13-2013, 09:24 PM
WeThreeKings
Retired.

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChesterNimitz View Post
I would definitely take Santini before Mueller and Hagg. But I wouldn't sell Heatherington short. He has excellent size and is surprisingly mobile for a large man as he demonstrated at the U18s. That Team Canada will in my opinion be known for the number of strong NHL defencemen that it produced. Morin, Heatherington, Bigras Theodore, Morrissey and Bowey will all play in the NHL. Some will even be stars. Drafting one or two out of this group can only be seen as a positive move. I can't question the drafting of any of them at either 34 or 36. And two of them, I only wish we have the chance to draft at 25.
Why would anyone take Santini before Mueller? Mueller is 6'3, skates well for his size, sees the ice well, has a good stick, isn't overly physical but uses his body to separate forwards from the puck. Our defensive prospect pool would be perfect if we could add him or McCoshen. Santini will likely struggle to move the puck at the NHL level where Mueller has already moved the puck well against stiff competition in the U-20 on an average team in Switzerland.