The Out of Town Thread part LXII - All Talk From Around the League Here
View Single Post
06-13-2013, 09:34 PM
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Toronto, ON
Originally Posted by
What argument would you use to back this opinion?
I'd say lateral at worst:
- can be used without sheltering defensively: Gives more opportunity to shelter Galchenyuk and less worry on matchups
- similar in age
- 66 point career high on playoff team during the season Desharnais got his 60 point career high on loterry team
- Career average ~40-45 point production
- versatile: LW, C, PP, occational PK, 3rd line, 2nd line - many different linemates
- ~52% faceoffs
- Cup Ring
- over 100 playoff games experience - would be tops on the Habs
- 41 points in last 65 playoff games
- Not that different in cap hit: est 4.0-4.5M (similar to Hudler seems plausible)
- average size
For 0.5M - 1.0M more, I can't see how one can argue lateral at best unless you weight this past season as the main basis of future production.
That's actually a pretty cool idea. Especially because he can play wing, and we can undo the C logjam by putting him there if need be.
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by StellerEller