View Single Post
Old
06-13-2013, 10:33 PM
3 Minute Minor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPORTSMANIAC View Post
Probably not with Gilles Courteau running the league. He tried the US experiment - I am sure the CHL said to the Q to get a team in the states - and the league didn't embrace Lewiston with open arms.

Now saying that, majority why Lewiston didn't work because of lack of fan support and the owner putting the wrong people to run the business side of the team while he lived in Chicago.
Funny thing is I could honestly see an American division being a success in the QMJHL. Places like the greater Boston area, Hartford, Maine - maybe Portland this time? could easily have teams if the player support was there. Doubtful fans will go watch a roster completely full of Canadians lol And all these places sound insanely far from current QMJHL teams but they're all closer to Rouyn-Noranda and Val-d'Or than Cape Breton lol

Also, I know it could sound stupid, the CHL could give the QMJHL the NY territory. There's actually players in NY who want to play CHL > NCAA but in the New England territory, the best hockey players typically come from high schools and have NCAA on their mind all the way.

It requires a lot of effort, time, patience, and money on the CHL and teams part but it could be done. The OHL and WHL have taken a good chunk of their US markets

3 Minute Minor is offline   Reply With Quote