View Single Post
Old
06-14-2013, 02:14 AM
eco's bones

vCash: 500
Neilson may not have always been consistent physically but Seiling wasn't physical at all--though my calling him a cream puff is probably going a little far. Of the two I'd take Neilson before Seiling--and I'd probably take Neilson over Park's defense partner Rolfe as well.

Commenting on Ruotsolainen--very dangerous offensive player--kind of a smaller version of Erik Karlsson. Karlsson's not that big. If Reijo had been 6'0 or so--a more normal sized d he might be an HoF worthy player. Teams were always looking to match up their power forwards against him because he was to small he couldn't handle guys like Tim Kerr physically and so his offense was somewhat negated by his defense but when Reijo was on he could light it up. His skating and stick skills were outstanding.

Dave Maloney was a two way guy. He did everything pretty well but was not outstanding at anything. He played with some edge but wasn't the strongest guy and though he was combative and willing to drop the gloves now and again he wasn't a good fighter. He was captain for a while--I believe he was the youngest captain in Rangers history. His captaincy if I remember correctly gets remarked on a lot in Larry Sloman's A season in hell book--by a lot of Rangers players most of whom (Duguay, Murdoch, Greschner, Hickey) commented negatively. I believe the C was taken from him and given to the next in line Barry Beck.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote