View Single Post
Old
06-14-2013, 03:12 AM
GRECOHAB

vCash: 500
As we reach the draft and the trade deadline, i see two options going forward for Bergevin.

He either plays it safe stick with the current roster, making only an addition or two, and wait for his prospects to mature and evaluate them properely, or he goes all in, trying to put together a highly competitive team, at all costs.

I believe that he will probably explore the safe path, and i am not very optimistic that bold moves will occur at the offseason. That means we will see more of Desharnais, Diaz and Moen going forward, and the only potential additions i figure are a RW player to replace Ryder and maybe a defensemen with size to add, until Emelin comes back. So it looks like it will, once again be:

Pacioretty-Desharnais-RW
Bourque-Plekanec-Gionta
Galchenuyk-Eller-Gallagher
Prust-White-Moen
ex. Kristo, Dumont?

Markov-Subban
Diaz-Gorges
Bouillion-D? (maybe)
ex.Tinordi,Beaulieu,Drewiskie

From the free agent pool there are some canditates for the RW position, but i feel in such poor class they will be highly overpaid. I am talking about the likes of Clarkson, Iginla, Horton, Jagr and Clowe. As for a big D, i really dont see any of the UFA to be, filling this need. We cant also rely that any of the draft picked players will crack the line up at the beginning of next season, so we pretty much will see the same team going forward, UNLESS...

Bergevin becomes bold by being very active at the trade front. Of course an unknown factor this year is the added players to the UFA pool after any potential buyouts from other teams. Its the X factor going forward, because suddenly we can see players like Lecavalier, Briere, Heatley, Havlat, Richards, Malone, all up for grabs...

I predict a long summer ahead, and i recommend we all being patient...