View Single Post
06-14-2013, 03:53 AM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by yianik View Post
Im not seeing a lot of interest in De La Rosa and I wonder if people see him as another boring safe pick with a limited ceiling and so not so keen on him. He has very good size but needs to add muscle, is good and defensively solid. So 3rd liner ? Well his skill set is above average , gives an effort, plays a physical game and apparently goes to the dirty areas. If this guy translates his game to the NHL you have a guy who could score 25-30 goals who will be defensively responsible, give a full effort and play a physical brand of hockey ( not Clarkson physical but physical ). Sounds like the kind of guy who you want to be playing with Eller , Gallagher or Galchenyuk. He actually sounds similar to Eller, but maybe a more involved physical player than Eller was at this age and maybe a better stick handler. Course, people could just like other players more on the merits, just wondering.
There are a couple of us around who have been pulling for him, apparently unsuccessfully. I can support the Eller comparison however, DLR is a much more natural winger than Eller was. He's got all the tools, a well developed defensive game, leadership ability, and that gritty-skilled mix we all like. I'd take him over a guy like Nastasiuk for sure. He's my pick at #36 or potentially earlier. He's more skilled than the most of the other guys you "win with" that have been talked about.

Last edited by Draft: 06-14-2013 at 04:05 AM.