View Single Post
Old
06-14-2013, 08:50 AM
Bill_Meltzer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 96 View Post
Re: Ryder - I like him as a player and I would welcome him in Philly, but I suspect a team desperate for offense (think Nashville, Phoenix, or NJ) will be able to offer more money and/or term.

Re: Laughton - I don't think he's ready for 3rd line duties just yet. I'd slot him in at the 4th line C position to start the season and see where things go from there. But I wouldn't be confident expecting him to play in a shutdown role from the start.

Re: Cooke & Lapierre - You can't be serious, especially in regards to Cooke. Lapierre could be a solid 4C option for us, but I'd prefer a guy like Hall or Gordon who can win faceoffs.

Re: Murray & Grossmann - that might qualify as the slowest defense pairing in the history of the world. They would get beat wide consistently and they would be hopeless trying to break the puck out of our zone. Also, the are both lefties.

Re: Bernier - how do you expect we grab Bernier without giving anything up? If you are expecting an offer sheet, don't get your hopes up. The Kings would trade Bernier well before he had the chance of signing an offer sheet if they anticipated one coming.

How often is Grossmann beaten wide? Rarely. I've seen him play extensively both in Dallas and Philly, and I will maintain that his skating doesn't hold him back. He's smart positionally and that's more important than raw speed (or lack thereof).

Bill_Meltzer is offline   Reply With Quote