Thread: Value of: Hemsky to Ottawa
View Single Post
Old
06-14-2013, 09:35 AM
JackBauer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vespa99 View Post
I love people giving their opinion that are so well informed.
Hemsky was great this year and fully healed from his shoulder issues which is his historic problem. He took a shot off his foot blocking a shot and broke his foot. For the rest of the season he played on a broken foot but it limited his production. Had nothing to do with being injury prone, just bad luck. He would without question be on Ottawa's first line and would be a great addition for you. He is still a dynamic near point a game player and is only 30. Whatever team trades for him is going to be pleasantly surprised and will sign him to a 5 year deal at a reasonable price. Next time do a little research on a player rather than towing the HF party line.
Then keep him. I don't care if his injury was the result of dropping a couch on his foot while moving, he's made of glass. At 30, a man's bone density starts to deteriorate. He will never play a full 82 games in this league. Whether its bad luck or not, he'll find a way to get hurt at least once a season. Given that we already have players crucial to our offense like that in Spezza and Michalek, I wouldn't trade a guy who has a regular roster spot on our team for him (read: Smith/Weircioch).

JackBauer is offline   Reply With Quote