View Single Post
Old
06-14-2013, 10:23 AM
Hagged

vCash: 500
Interesting article which has a couple of Craig Button quotes. One of them:

Quote:
"Sitting at fourth overall, the Predators won’t have their choice of MacKinnon or Barkov. At least one of them, if not both, will likely be taken in the top three." Hypothetically, if the Predators had to decide between the two centers, Button would lean slightly towards Barkov as being the better fit for the Predators’ future.

“Barkov may be a little less dynamic [than MacKinnon], but he’s a little bit more of that player that can thrive on his own,” Button said. “And if you’re looking at [Filip] Forsberg as a left or right winger, who would he benefit more from playing with? If you’re asking me, today, I think the better fit with Forsberg is Barkov.”
Another one is this:
Quote:
“If you wanted to have Barkov in the conversation [for the No. 1 pick], it’s not out of the realm of possibility. That’s how good he is. Remember, a lot of people haven’t seen Barkov as much as they’ve seen Jones or MacKinnon or Drouin. Just because he may not be there in draft rankings or mock drafts doesn’t mean he’s not in a class with those players,” Button said, adding, “If the team picking first stood up and said, ‘With the first pick we draft Aleksander Barkov,’ it wouldn’t be one of those things where I fell out of my chair.”
link to the article nhl-draft-aleksander-barkov-nashville-predators-best-fit.html