View Single Post
Old
06-14-2013, 10:24 AM
Pilky01

vCash: 500
Not today, but last Friday I scored my first beauty goals at shinny. I am a reliable player, can make/take a pass, can skate well, and play my position, but I don't make a habit of deking through people.

Well, last week I got an absolute beauty. It was Kirk Maltby'an. I deked around the defender (the worst guy on the ice, and I knew that, which is why I even attempted to walk around a defender), and then pulled the puck across the crease, forehand to backhand, finishing it off with a nice backhand shovel up over the goalie, and even got to finish it off with a (totally legitimate) tumble. It got a good rise out of everybody there because it was an absolute beauty from a guy who doesn't usually do much more than cover the point and make a nice outlet pass.

I also had a beauty roof job. I just walked in along the goal line, in from the corner, and put it over the goalie's shoulder right into the roof of the net.

It had to be the new socks. I got some bright green, Minnesota North Stars'esque socks.