View Single Post
06-14-2013, 10:38 AM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Putting aside the fact that I don't think McCarron and Hill belong in the same universe together, why would we be able to do that now when we've proven inept at doing it for the past decade?

You can count the number of power forwards Montreal has drafted and developed on zero fingers if you don't call Pacioretty one (and most wouldn't). Why are we suddenly going to start plucking them from the trees in the 6th round?
They're not on the same level at all, but if you're just aiming on drafting Prust kind of guys, might as well save your top picks for something else.

As you say, everyone is in love with those Bickell/prust types, but generally fail to realize there's about 17 other guys on the team next to him and at least 3-5 of those who are clearly more important. Those are the players we should be targetting.

As for actually drafting them, well, we've done just about as well in the first round as we have in the later rounds in regards to drafting a big tough power forward or even 'at worst he'll be a great 3rd liner" kinda guys (chips, leblanc). And invoking Occam's Razor, I would rather assume it's more because of the inability to properly evaluate or scout that particular talent than it is unwillingness, so I hope the organization wouldn't ask timmins to bias himself towards larger players as many on this board are suggesting.