View Single Post
Old
06-14-2013, 10:52 AM
NYR Viper

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by puckrush View Post
Schenn has more offensive upside.

If the idea is to get a future #1 center, and improve the offense, it makes more sense to trade for the guy who has more offensive upside.

We already have a 1B type that is an average-at-best skater in Stepan. We need our #1 and #2 to be average skaters?

A Schenn-Stepan one two would be far more dynamic. Schenn is fast, he's tough, he fights for his team, and he has dynamic offensive abilities. His future is in the middle, not on the wing. The kid is a future Mike Richards clone.
Schenn defensively is not that great. Physically he is bigger than Richards. Offensively I think he has a higher ceiling. Defensively? Not close.

And you don't have to sell me on Schenn. I was one of the only people calling for the Rangers to trade Gaborik for Schenn + Simmonds a couple of years ago. I love the way he plays. However, showing the TOI stat and showing how much more Schenn supposedly scores than Couturier is incredibly misleading.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Horton has chronic shoulder dislocation. He will have surgery this summer. Buyer beware. Two major concussions in the last two years. His status is an issue for the remaining games. He missed time with an upper body injury during the season. Shoulder? Concussion?
DO NOT WANT.

Watch, the Rangers will sign him and let Clowe walk. Not only will it make no sense because he is another RW, but they won't sign Clowe because of possible injury concerns ad sign the walking wounded in Horton.

Quote:
Originally Posted by puckrush View Post
Sorry but Schenn > Couturier. And it's not close, IMO.

Schenn is more active. He's more physical. Couturier looks like he's in slow motion.

Speed, smarts, skill, grit, toughness, leadership.
Youtube videos?

Couturier is going to be a very good player in the league. Schenn is 2 years older and let's not act as if he is setting the world on fire with his offense. Most of his scoring came from the wing this past year and even with less responsibility he scored at a ~40-45 point pace.

If the Rangers could get either, I would be ecstatic.