View Single Post
Old
06-14-2013, 12:20 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Viper View Post
Schenn defensively is not that great. Physically he is bigger than Richards. Offensively I think he has a higher ceiling. Defensively? Not close.

And you don't have to sell me on Schenn. I was one of the only people calling for the Rangers to trade Gaborik for Schenn + Simmonds a couple of years ago. I love the way he plays. However, showing the TOI stat and showing how much more Schenn supposedly scores than Couturier is incredibly misleading.

DO NOT WANT.

Watch, the Rangers will sign him and let Clowe walk. Not only will it make no sense because he is another RW, but they won't sign Clowe because of possible injury concerns ad sign the walking wounded in Horton.

Youtube videos?

Couturier is going to be a very good player in the league. Schenn is 2 years older and let's not act as if he is setting the world on fire with his offense. Most of his scoring came from the wing this past year and even with less responsibility he scored at a ~40-45 point pace.

If the Rangers could get either, I would be ecstatic.

Re: YT videos, easier to show what your talking about then to put it in words.

I really wanted that trade as well. Love Simmonds.

I feel a young player can improve defensively gradually over time. That stuff can be taught. But offensive instincts can't really be taught.

They were talking on SiriusXM today about the state of the defense free agent market. Streit is just about the best option. Del Zotto's value is going to be high this summer. We will be able to get ourselves a future #1 center type from a team that needs defense.

If we could get Schenn, Burmistrov, Zibanejad, or Couturier for Del Zotto we would be strong down the middle for years to come, strong on the blue line for years to come. That's a way to build a club.