View Single Post
Old
06-14-2013, 12:37 PM
BobbyClarkeFan16

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BernieParent View Post
Let's play You Be Paul Holmgren (draft version only). What would your checklist look like for the 11th pick? In other words, what is your list, in order, of players whom you would want to select? As well, at what point (if any) would you trade off the pick? I'm advocating against including the Big 4 (Jones, MacKinnon, Drouin, Barkov).

I'd go with:
  • Nichushkin (long-shot drop to 11th)
  • Nurse
  • Ristolainen
  • Lindholm (again, a reach for him dropping, but JIC)
  • Zadorov
  • Morrissey
  • Pulock
  • Morin
If I were Holmgren, Morrissey is the guy I'd draft. The more I watch him and the more and more you can see he does all the little things that great defenders do. You can also see that he really thinks the game when he's playing out there and now that he's starting to hit another growth spurt (he's already up to 6'1 and weighing in at 191 pounds), he's going to be a good sized defender. He's just as good on the defensive side as he is the offensive side and he can really skate like the wind.

On top of it, he's got a great shot from the point. It's not quite the shot that Pulock has, but Morrissey is close. He really does look like a cross between Duncan Keith/Drew Doughty/Kimmo Timonen and he's not afraid of the physical play either. Honestly, I just can't say enough good things about Morrissey.