View Single Post
Old
06-14-2013, 01:09 PM
Chris Cutter
Devil's Advocate

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmanfish90 View Post
Guys, I have to agree with Agnostic and that other poster (sorry, forgot the name). Diaz, like I've said numerous times, is a #4/#5 fringe player...RIGHT NOW.

Diaz' Career NHL numbers: 82 GP, 30 PTS, 4 G, 26 A, -3, 36 PIM

Good for a Top 4...on Montreal. IMO, he got a lot of points at the beginning of this season because of PP time (NO PK...SUBBAN) and after that he got injured and regressed when he came back (clearly wasn't ready or something).

He can play top 4 minutes when it is required of him (aka when PK wasn't playing) but he could never play consistently well...

This is just my opinion of him. Don't have to take it as fact.
You know points are not the only thing to look at right when evaluating a player, especially a defenseman? He had 44 blocked shots in 23 games played. Like I pointed out earlier he played 22 minutes in the month of February before his injury and I'm pretty sure a certain PK was there around that time He played more time on the PK than Bouillon and Emelin who are supposed to be our defensive guys so that goes to show you that he's not as much as a liability than some people make him out to be. Plus who cares if he got most of his points when Subban wasn't there at the start of the season, he still produced and showed good chemistry with Markov so I don't get the point of pointing that out as if it was a negative thing.