View Single Post
06-14-2013, 02:50 PM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
But you don't agree that #11 in 2013 is already a huge return? Some mock drafts have Ristolainen at #11. Others have Horvat and a few others....Honestly, I don't see how huge the return can be as you will always have the medical issue with him and EVERYBODY saw the step back he took. Philly is indeed desperate but they got Streit...probably their own Markov now.
I agree that it's no longer an option with Streit, but Markov would have been a lot better and possibly their 1st choice.

Ristolainen and Nurse are very good prospects, but you still have an all-star calibre d-man who is 34 and probably still has 3-4 good years under his belt. Look at what Phillie gave up for Pronger at 35.

I agree he took a step back but other than a few games where he clearly looked fatigued, his game was still very solid at both ends. I think a longer season with more off days will help him, not hurt him. He played a ton oif hockey early on with PK out, and that plus having not played in 2 years caught up with him at times.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote