View Single Post
Old
06-14-2013, 01:52 PM
The Zetterberg Era
RIP Octopi

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by InjuredChoker View Post
All the players on our roster are better than Babcock ever were. Guess, Babcock can't teach them anything, eh?

Same with Bowman in 90s

Has a lot more to do with the article claiming Osgood was actually a good puck handler, he was not. He isn't Howard or Hasek bad, but he was average in that regard and made some curious decisions back there. Mrazek is a step above where Osgood was, I am sure he can teach him some things, but Mrazek is very good with the puck already. Which I am super happy about, if this kid ever takes over the number one job, I will honestly never spend another second thinking, please don't do that when he leaves the crease.

Also why Jim Bedard is still around and really the goalie coach. Just having played doesn't make you a great teacher, an asset to the organization? Sure, but remains to be seen what kind of coach/scout/whatever Osgood is at this point. Time will tell, the Paterson pick is said to be heavily influence by Osgood, he worked well with Howard and now is helping Bedard with Mrazek. Would be great if he turned into Sean Burke.

Last edited by The Zetterberg Era: 06-14-2013 at 01:59 PM.
The Zetterberg Era is offline   Reply With Quote