View Single Post
Old
06-14-2013, 01:52 PM
Kershaw

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike14 View Post
I haven't seen Faulk play (or if I did, he didn't stand out to me), but I'm sure he's a good player. Having said that, Kersh do all those numbers actually mean anything?

I'd make the pretty safe assumption that a big reason why the team scores more when he's on the ice is because he plays mainly with top 6 forwards, and you'd expect the team to score more while they are on. Likewise, the extra 5.1% of the time that his shift finishes in the O zone compared to when it started doesn't seem all that incredible when you assume that he'd play about 30 shifts a game so 5% would be about an extra time and a half. Out of curiosity, does icing the puck count as ending the shift in your own zone? If a team iced it a lot then they'd have awesome stats showing that they started in their d-zone and ended in their o-zone, not sure the coach would be too happy though...

Personally, I'd want a better package (including forwards) if we were going to deal Staal/Girardi (or both)
Faulk's time spent with J.Staal is most amongst the Hurricanes forwards, more than E.Staal and Tlusty. Their scoring rate drastically increases while he's on the ice because he controls the flow of the game as shown in his shot differential totals. I do not believe zone starts factor in icing totals, but I will have to look up on that.