View Single Post
Old
06-14-2013, 03:47 PM
ccarrigan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccarrigan View Post
I currently have CCM U+ 10s and they are too small in the toe box and volume wise (heel to mid skate, depth). The Nexus 400s I tried on were just a little pinchy in the toe area and a little off on the pencil test. Problem is that I can't try on any higher models unless I order online... Do you think it's worth it to order in some Nexus 800s to try?
Ok, so I went to my LHS today as they had a Nexus 600 in a size 9 available. I tried it on and it failed most eyelets, some by a large margin. Especially around mid and lower. There was a Supreme as well that was better (it was a regular width, so too narrow, but only a couple of eyelets failed).

The guy said that the area my foot is larger in isn't one that is easy to get more volume for. He measured my foot and said that it's one of the widest he had seen, and the height was bad. His suggestion was to go from my CCM U+ 10 size 9D to a CCM model size 9.5E. I looked online and they have good clearance prices but there's no returns. I'm at a loss... Any ideas anyone?